Palmela - portugal
Horse Carriage Tour on the Mountain in Palmela
Discover one of the most beautiful Natural Parks in Portugal. Every tour is carried out in an old-fashioned horse-drawn carriage. Watermelon Experiences offers you the possibility to visit the winery and vineyard of Quinta do Piloto and also taste its wines. Enjoy an unforgettable tour in a calm environment with stunning views. The beauty of Arrábida is painted between the green of the mountains and the blue of the sea. But in between, there are a few well-hidden secrets. The Arrábida Natural Park is about 17,000 hectares with all that that means, a deep contrast between the whitish tones of the limestone cliffs, the blue of the waters, and the green of the vegetation that covers the mountains.
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Private transport;
- Vehicle with air conditioning;
What's Not Included
- Coffee and/or tea;
Departure & Return
The operator has two meeting options available.
Quinta do Piloto, Rua Helena Cardoso, Quinta do Piloto, 2950-131 PALMELA - Portugal
Upon arrival at the site, you will be able to meet us in the main garden of Quinta do Piloto in front of the winery.
Arrive 1 hour before the scheduled time at the meeting point. Agree the exact time and location with your carrier.
Disembarkation will be at the place of departure.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability;
- Not wheelchair accessible;
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems;
- Not recommended for pregnant traveler;
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions;
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level;
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers;
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time;
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded;
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted;
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time;
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund;
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund;
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems Not recommended for pregnant travelers No heart problems or other serious medical conditions Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers;
What To Expect
- 25 de Abril Bridge (Passa por)
The 25 de Abril bridge began to be built in 1962 and was inaugurated in 1966. It is 70 meters high from the water and its highest point is 190 meters! Its length is about 2.2 km. Initially, the bridge was named Ponte Salazar, in honor of António de Oliveira Salazar. Later, in the Revolution of April 25, 1974, the bridge was renamed to the name we know today. The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco (USA) is considered the twin sister of our bridge. They have a common aspect: they are the two suspension bridges and they have a very beautiful red color.
- Santuario Nacional de Cristo Rei (Passa por)
The idea of building the National Sanctuary of Cristo Rei came in 1934 during a visit by Cardinal Cerejeira, Patriarch of Lisbon, to Brazil. After visiting the imposing Christ the Redeemer on Corcovado in Rio de Janeiro, he wanted to build a figure similar to admiring the capital. The outbreak of World War II ended up boosting the desire to finally build the Cristo Rei. If Portugal were spared the war, a Monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus would be erected over Lisbon. The construction of the monument took 10 years, from 1949 to 1959. Cristo Rei rises 215 meters above sea level and has a total height of 110 meters.
- Quinta do Piloto
Watermelon Experiences offers you the possibility to visit its winery and vineyard at Quinta do Piloto and also taste its wines.(optional)
30 minutes • Entrance included
- Parque Natural da Arrabida
Next to the sea, the Arrábida Natural Park is not just an immensity of area. Those who visit this natural park have the privilege of contacting nature in its purest state. So much so that it is a protected area. And blessed: to the richness of the flora is added the diversity of the fauna, and all this is crowned with trails and caves to explore, almost always with an eye on the Atlantic.
2 hours • Entrance include
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
What an unexpected way to visit important locations! I have no time to travel but always wanted to visit a lot of places.
Going to buy more!
I never expected online travel to bring so many emotions! I watched on my large TV, it was so realistic. The guide's unobtrusive comments are a nice addition to the beautiful shots of Niagara Falls!
These two guys went above to make our day fabulous. Shopping at a local market was fun. Cooking lunch was great. The meal was the best meal we had on our entire 15 day vacation.
I love everything, nice spots during the tour, great viewpoints , the cooking class was great and the food was amazing. Nice people, good day. Recommend.
From pickup to drop off our guide took excellent care of us. Visiting the seafood and veggie market was a nice touch. Our chef was attentive and our guide was the perfect host!