Lisbon - Portugal
South of Lisbon Private Tour - Cacilhas - Almada - Costa da Caparica
Venture over the famous April 25th Bridge and explore the landmarks of Almada and Costa da Caparica on a private tour. Take in the views of Lisbon from the Christ monument; tour the elegant Cerca House from the 12th century; walk on the hull of the 19th-century Dom Fernando and Gloria Frigate; explore the Capuchin Convent; and stroll the beaches of Costa da Caparica before heading back to Lisbon.
- Cross the April 25th Bridge for a private tour of Almada
- Visit the Christ monument, Capuchin Convent, and more
- Stroll along the beaches of Costa da Caparica
- Enjoy a personalized experience with a private guide and vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip private transfer
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Bottled water
Departure & Return
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
Any place at Lisbon ,Sintra,Almada and Setúbal
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation Infants must sit on laps Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity.
- Only your group will participate
- You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers.
- If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
What To Expect
- 25 de Abril Bridge (Pass By)
- Almada (Pass By)
Situated on the south bank of the Tagus River, Almada is undoubtedly the best viewpoint over the city of Lisbon, with the castle, the panoramic lift of Boca do Vento, and especially the statue of the Christ-King erected in 1959. . In past centuries, Almada was a summer spot sought by the court, which here erected some buildings and noble houses that still remain in the city. Almada also belongs to Costa da Caparica, much sought after during the summer season by the inhabitants of Greater Lisbon, who are seduced by the beaches of the long sandy beach. Special highlight deserves the gastronomy of the area, which highlights the tasty stews of fresh fish, typical of places such as Cacilhas, Porto Brandão, Ginjal or Costa da Caparica.
- Santuario Nacional de Cristo Rei
Visit the monument of King Christ (Cristo-Rei), the monument is a major symbol of Almada, is the best viewpoint overlooking the city of Lisbon, offering a wide panoramic view of the capital and over the 25th of April bridge. No wonder it is said, Almada is the best view that Lisbon has. It is one of the tallest buildings in Portugal, with 110 meters high.
- Pontal de Cacilhas
1 hour • Admission Ticket Not Included
- Fragata D. Fernando II e Gloria
Visit to the D. Fernando and Gloria Frigate. In 1821 the Chief of Squadron (Admiral), Intendant of the Royal Navy and Inspector of the Stockpile of Goa, Cândido José Mourão Garcez Palha, proposed King João VI, through the General Government, the construction of a new frigate in Daman. And so, in 1824, begins the purchase of wood, with the drawings and instructions for the Frigate, being sent from Lisbon. Time to visit the dry dock to observe the Barracuda Submarine, an Albacore Class.
30 minutes • Admission Ticket Not Included
- Costa de Caparica
Traditional fishing village, Costa da Caparica was transformed during the 19th century. XX on the busiest beach in the Lisbon region, whose location and ease of access attracts crowds on summer weekends. The sandy beach, which stretches for about 25 km, makes it possible to choose between the most frequented beaches near the village and practically deserted areas.
30 minutes • Admission Ticket Free
- Convento dos Capuchos
Next stop will be the Capuchin Convent (Convento dos Capuchos) a former Franciscan monastery, was restored in 1558 by Lourenço Pires de Távora. The Távora family was persecuted by the Marquis of Pombal and its members were cruel and ruthlessly executed on charges they conspired to assassinate King D. José I of Portugal. Visit its magnificent garden of pine trees and feel an irresistible invitation to get to know the history of this former convent of Franciscan friars. Today this space serves as City Hall and presents the visitors with an area with art exhibitions, classical music concerts and other cultural events.
30 minutes • Admission Ticket Free
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
What an unexpected way to visit important locations! I have no time to travel but always wanted to visit a lot of places.
Going to buy more!
I never expected online travel to bring so many emotions! I watched on my large TV, it was so realistic. The guide's unobtrusive comments are a nice addition to the beautiful shots of Niagara Falls!
These two guys went above to make our day fabulous. Shopping at a local market was fun. Cooking lunch was great. The meal was the best meal we had on our entire 15 day vacation.
I love everything, nice spots during the tour, great viewpoints , the cooking class was great and the food was amazing. Nice people, good day. Recommend.
From pickup to drop off our guide took excellent care of us. Visiting the seafood and veggie market was a nice touch. Our chef was attentive and our guide was the perfect host!